What to Expect When Visiting the Club
The summer of 2020 will be one we will never forget. In addition to the changes and the hardships, we hope you will cherish the care and effort the LTYC has taken to welcome its members and guests safely for another season of friendship and fun on Little Traverse Bay.
Things might be a little different this year, but we have some new improvements and surprises we think you will love. The health department, the Michigan Restaurant Association and the State Governor’s office have provided guidelines for businesses and their patrons. You can read about how we have adapted them to LTYC’s summer operations in our official COVID-19 Safety & Sanitation Plan.
This summer, you’ll want to stay informed about club updates more than ever. Details about events and other important info will be communicated in our weekly “eblast” email newsletter and updated on our website. If you or someone in your household isn’t receiving the weekly email newsletter, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be subscribed – join today to stay informed!
What to Expect When You Arrive at the Club
- Upon arriving at the club property, whether the patio, porch, or clubhouse, we ask that you plan to wear a mask or face covering until seated. After being seated, you can remove your mask if you like.
- The first change you will notice will be impossible to miss! A new, large tent will provide sun and weather protection for expanded outdoor patio seating, as well as offering the choice of different dining environments.
- Keep an eye out for directional signage and social distance markings which will help you know how to move safely about the Clubhouse and property.
- There will always be plenty of hand sanitizer available at each entrance for your use.
- Your first stop will be to check in with the host who will greet you and set you up with your choice of available seating: indoors, on the porch, under the tent, or in open air on the patio. Your chairs and table will be cleared and freshly sanitized before you are seated.
- A server will bring you hand rolled silverware and (if you’d like) a sanitized cocktail menu. Servers will take your drink order so you do not need to stand at the bar. Water for your table will be brought to you upon request.
- As you are served, each item that you need will be brought to you. Should something additional be needed please ask – our staff is eager to serve you and ensure the most enjoyable experience possible!
- Your member number, as always, provides an entirely contact-free payment method. You may leave your table when finished; your account will be charged. There is no check to sign and an 18% gratuity is automatically added. If you would like to offer a different tip amount, just let your server know.
- We will be monitoring the number of people in the clubhouse and on the property to ensure we stay within the state’s 50% capacity limits. Dinners will require reservations and special occasions may require an RSVP.
- In the event that we are at capacity when you arrive, we will take a cell phone number and contact you as soon as space is available for you to enter.
- Because our capacity is limited, a few special occasions may be limited to members only and you will be notified of this well in advance. Otherwise, your guests are welcome to join you. As always, they may pay for their own meals, merchandise, and soft drinks with a credit card, but only members may purchase alcohol and burgees.
What to Expect When You Come for Lunch or Sunday Brunch
- Lunch will be served Tuesday through Saturday from 11-2 from June 15 through September 5
- New this year! Brunch will be served on Sundays from 10-2 from June 22 through July 19, plus August 2.
- Lunch and Brunch at the clubhouse will be first come-first served and you may choose where you would like to sit based on what is available. Please check in with the host on arrival.
- Our lunch and brunch menus will be printed on single-use paper menus with specials posted on a board and shared by your server.
What to Expect When You Come for Dinner on a Tuesday or Thursday Night
- The club will still be the place to be on Tuesday Nights during and after sailboat racing and on Thursday nights before enjoying downtown’s Street Musique, after dinghy racing, or during special “Thursday Night Live” activities. Dinners will be served on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 16 through September 8.
- Our traditional buffets must be temporarily suspended, but our new head chef has a treat in store for you with new plated dinners served while you relax at your table. A different menu will be offered for each evening and you will have a choice of three entrees including a vegetarian option. Children’s meals will also be available. Each meal will also include individually served salad, bread and butter, along with side dishes.
- Because we are serving plated dinners, reservations are a must this year for non-sailors and sailors alike. You will be asked to select your choice of entrée when you make your reservation.
- Because our capacity is limited, dinners will be served at two seating times: 5:30 and 7:30, allowing time to sanitize tables between seatings.
- Reservations are due by noon of the preceding day. The ideal way to make a reservation is by using the web-based reservation forms which will be posted at ltyc.org/reservations. You may also call the office at 231-526-7919. Leave a detailed message including your phone number – we’ll contact you to confirm your reservation.
- If you are joining us for the early seating, we kindly ask that once you have enjoyed your meal that you allow us time before the next seating to clean the tables. At 7:15 the bell will ring as a reminder that it is time to prepare for the second dinner service. If you are joining us after Tuesday Night racing, please come to the club whenever you return to shore, knowing that we will be ready to serve you at or after 7:30.
- When you arrive, please check in with the host who will confirm the number of guests in your reservation and your preordered meals before seating you.
- Your table server will take your drink order right away so you will not need to wait at the bar. Salad and dinner will soon follow.
- If you do not have a reservation and we have a table during a timed seating, we will happily seat you. Entrée choices may be limited based on remaining availability.
What to Expect When You Come for a Special Occasion
- On special occasions such as our Opening Night, our New Member Welcome, our Cocktails on the Veranda evening, or an evening featuring live music, you may be asked to RSVP in advance so that we can be prepared with staff, bar, and food. When you arrive, check in with the host.
- Servers will circulate among tables to take drink orders so you will not need to wait at the bar. When appropriate, the outdoor “Transom Bar” will also be in use.
- We will not be able to offer tables of self-serve hors d’oeuvres this year, but we will have individual appetizer plates, uniquely designed for each event, available to order.
What to Expect When You Come for a Drink
- If you stop by the club when the bar is open outside of a special event or meal time, just check in with the host or bartender on arrival and choose where you would like to sit based on what is available.
- A server will come to your table to take your drink orders so you will not need to wait at the bar.
- On afternoons and evenings when there is no meal service or special occasion appetizer service being offered, keep an eye out for some brand new house-made bar food items available for ordering.
- We will not be able to offer the usual open bowls of pretzels or snack mix but you may request a complimentary individual cup with your drink order.
What to Expect When You Want to Place a Carry Out Order
- The lunch, brunch, and dinner menus can also be ordered to-go.
- Lunch and Sunday Brunch orders can be placed in person or by calling the clubhouse phone (231-526-7906) during normal service hours, up to 15 minutes before service ends. (10am-1:45 for lunch and 9am to 1:45 for brunch) Review the menus here.
- Tuesday and Thursday dinners can be pre-ordered to-go by using the online reservation form and selecting to-go with a pickup time. Orders may also be placed by phone, but must be submitted before the reservation deadline.
- To pick up your carry out order, come to the host station.