How to Join LTYC
Three items are required to join:
A Sponsoring Member
A Personal Interview
An Initiation Fee and Annual Dues Payment
To begin your membership process
Alternatively, download and fill out a hard-copy Membership Application and mail it to our Club Manager. (Note that this will slow the process down considerably.)
Once your application is received, our Club Manager will confirm receipt and follow up to you with a telephone call or email to go over the process with you personally.
- Junior Members – under 25 years of age.
- Intermediate Members – from 25 to under 35 years of age.
- Active Members – 35 years of age and above.
New members need to be sponsored by an existing LTYC member. If for some reason an applicant desires Club membership but lacks a sponsor, just call our Club Manager; the Club’s Membership Committee can almost always help with this situation.
The Club ByLaws also require a personal interview between any prospective member and a member of the Membership Committee or the Club Manager. The purpose of the interview is straightforward, to make sure that the interest and vision for joining LTYC by a prospective member meet or exceed the established purpose of the club.
Many times, new applicants are not in Harbor Springs and wish to join before they arrive for their vacation or for the summer. No problem. A pleasant interview can be conducted at the clubhouse immediately upon arrival in Harbor Springs with processing and membership immediately following. There will be no loss of vacation time or use of the Club due to red tape.
Once the prospective member is approved by the Board of Directors and the fee payments are received, a membership card and member number (for Club charges) will be issued right away:
New Members will receive:
- Member number (for use at the Clubhouse for food and beverage charges)
- Club membership card
- Club reciprocity card for use at 100s of other yacht clubs worldwide
- Login information for the Members Only section of the club website
- The current Yacht Club Directory
- Full access to the clubhouse and club facilities
- The weekly LTYC E-Blast – our email newsletter with all the happenings at LTYC
Dues and Fees (Calendar Year 2018)
Active Members: Annual Dues $425 / Initiation Fee $700
Intermediate Members: Annual Dues $90.00 / Initiation Fee $100
Junior Members: Annual Dues $90.00 / Initiation Fee $0