[ Updated August 22, 2018 ]
2019 J/70 CORINTHIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
LITTLE TRAVERSE YACHT CLUB — HARBOR SPRINGS, MICHIGAN — AUGUST 8-11, 2019
A regatta program specifically designed to maximize benefits to corinthian teams—including provided on-the water coaching, seminars from top J/70 professionals, and daily post-racing debriefs.
Stress-free logistics: a small waterfront sailing community with great restaurants, bars, and other services within a short walk from the docks.
August 8 (Thursday) — boat arrival and setup, measurement, registration, practice race, welcome reception
August 9 (Friday) — race day, evening social event
August 10 (Saturday) — race day, evening social event
August 11 (Sunday) — race day; no race after 2pm; boat haul-out and de-rig, post-racing awards
HOW TO GET HERE
Harbor Springs is located in northern lower Michigan, about a 4.5-hour drive north of Detroit and about a 5.5-hour drive north of Chicago. Two commercial airports—Pellston (PLN) (about 20 minutes drive) and Traverse City (TVC) (about two hours drive)—serve the area.
- Top professionals from North Sails, Doyle Sails, and Quantum Sails will be in attendance, providing seminars, debriefs, and on-water coaching to all teams.
- The regatta program and schedule is being developed to fully integrate opportunities for teams to take their J/70 sailing to the next level.
- Irish Boat Shop (located next door to the LTYC) is a full-service marina, J/Boats dealer, and service facility, including a marine store, hoists, and more.
- Ramp launching also available adjacent to regatta site; ample trailer storage available.
- A range of convenient housing options, including hotels, house rentals, and more. (Special housing packages for participants are being developed.)